We all know that honey is a sweet treat, but have you ever considered using it on your skin and face?
Honey has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for various ailments. Raw honey, in particular, is rich in nutrients and enzymes that can benefit the skin.
In this blog post, we'll cover the many amazing benefits of honey on the skin and face and what you can use it for.
Find out if this natural ingredient could be the key to your perfect complexion!
8 Benefits of Honey for Skin and Face
You can use raw honey as a face mask or mix it with other natural ingredients to form a customized treatment.
Let's look at some of the natural benefits of honey for the skin:
- Raw honey is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. This makes honey an effective treatment for acne, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- As a natural humectant, you can use honey as a moisturizer for the skin to keep it hydrated and feeling soft.
- Raw honey contains powerful antioxidants that can help protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- It has been found to help reduce inflammation and redness, balance skin tone, hydrate dry skin, and improve acne breakouts.
- Honey is a natural way to feed your skin. Honey has vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that benefit your skin.
- Using honey on the skin regularly can lead to a brighter, more radiant complexion.
- Honey has also been used for centuries to treat burns and cuts, and you can soothe sunburn with honey.
- You can use honey as a gentle exfoliant to reveal smoother, more glowing skin.
Since it is gentle enough for all skin types, it makes a great skincare ingredient.
DIY Recipes with Raw Honey for Skin and Face Care
You can use this amazing natural ingredient in many different ways to make your skin and face look and feel better.
Here are some DIY recipes using honey for a glowing complexion:
- Honey & Lemon Face Mask: Mix equal parts raw honey and fresh lemon juice, then apply to your face and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and enjoy the brightening effects!
- Honey & Milk Cleanser: Combine 1 part raw honey, with 2 parts milk, then use it as a gentle cleanser for your face. This combination is great for sensitive skin types.
- Honey & Avocado Face Mask: Mix 1/4 ripe avocado with 2 tablespoons of raw honey for a hydrating and nourishing face mask. Apply to your face and leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
Say Goodbye To Tired-Looking Skin With OneRoot
OneRoot Nourishing Hydration Face Mask will leave your skin feeling soft, healthy, and refreshed.
A luxurious and effective face mask is made with nature's best ingredients, such as Oneroot buckwheat honey, Oneroot hemp oil, shea butter, and grapefruit peel.
While grapefruit peel provides essential oils and phytochemicals to protect your skin from the elements, shea butter contains vitamins A, E, K, F, and Allantoin.
With our face mask, you don't have to worry about harmful ingredients like parabens, sulphates, phthalates, and artificial colours.